WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Depending on how you use BUZZSKIN, we may ask you to share personal information with us. Whether you choose to give BUZZSKIN information is completely up to you, but keep in mind that if you withhold information, you may not be able to use some of our services.
WHEN PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
BUZZSKIN will ask you for information, including some personal information, if you use one of several services:
- Becoming a registered user. In order to register, you need to share some personal information, such as your name and e-mail address. You do not have to be a registered user to visit BuzzSkin.com's web pages. But, you will have to register if you want to place orders or make full use of our services.
- Making a purchase. When you buy something on BuzzSkin.com, you have to supply a billing address, phone number, shipping address, and credit card information. By making a purchase, you become a registered user of BuzzSkin.com. You can choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your credit card number, shipping and billing addresses in the My Account - Profile page. If you change your mind about storing this information, you can amend or delete it by going to the relevant area of the My Account-Profile page and following the instructions. You can access this section using your registration password.
- Sweepstakes, Contests and Surveys. If you enter a sweepstakes or contest, or answer a survey, you will become a registered user (if you aren't one already). We may also ask you for some demographic information, such as your age. If you choose not to answer, you probably will not be able to participate in the sweepstakes, contest or survey.
HOW BUZZSKIN PROTECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We realize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. We take that task seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For example:
We use the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of your online order information. SSL technology encrypts your order information to protect it from being decoded by anyone other than BUZZSKIN.
Once you enter the checkout page your computer will begin communicating with our server in secure mode. You can tell that you are in secure mode by the following:
- The "http" in the web address will be replaced by "https"
- Depending on the browser, you will see either a padlock (Microsoft Internet Explorer, AOL, Netscape Communicator) or a solid key (Netscape Navigator) in the lower section for the browser window.
Only browsers that use the 128-bit Secure Socket Layer technology are able to order through the BUZZSKIN web site. If your browser does not support SSL, you can get an upgrade at Microsoft's or Netscape's home page.
Unfortunately, despite all of our efforts, there is always a risk that third parties may unlawfully intercept transmissions. This reality is true of all Internet use. As a result, we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit, and you transmit all information at your own risk.
HOW BUZZSKIN USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BUZZSKIN collects personal information primarily to make our services more rewarding for you to use. We usually use this information for internal purposes, such as studying our customers' preferences. We may also use your information to contact you for account and promotional purposes.
HOW TO AVOID RECEIVING NEWSLETTERS AND OTHER BUZZSKIN.COM MATERIALS
We use e-mail addresses to send out newsletters and other announcements with information about BuzzSkin.com's new products, gifts and special features. When you register, you can choose not to receive these announcements by opting-out of delivery. If you receive an e-mail and want to avoid further messages, look at the end of the e-mail for instructions on how to remove yourself from the mailing list. You can also edit your e-mail preferences at BuzzSkin.com's My Account - Profile.
WHO VIEWS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
BUZZSKIN may share your personal information with companies that perform services for us, such as fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not disclose your personally identifiable information for other purposes.
Some personal information is stored on servers owned by other companies. Only BUZZSKIN has the right to access this information.
We currently share aggregate information about our customers with advertisers and marketing partners. This information does not identify individual users.
Personal information may be disclosed if required by law.
MAKING A PURCHASE
When you buy something on BuzzSkin.com, you have to supply a billing address, phone number, shipping address, and credit card information. By making a purchase, you become a registered user of BuzzSkin.com. You can choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your credit card number, shipping and billing addresses in the My Account - Profile page. If you change your mind about storing this information, you can amend or delete it by going to the relevant area of the My Account-Profile page and following the instructions. You can access this section using your registration password.
PROTECTING CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
BUZZSKIN adheres to a strict privacy code regarding children and does not knowingly accept personal information from any child. If it is brought to our attention that a subscriber is under age, we will immediately remove all personal and identifiable information from our records in compliance with the Online Children’s Privacy Protection Act of 1998. In addition, we will not disclose this information to any other companies.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The BuzzSkin.com website may contain links to other sites. BUZZSKIN does not control the privacy policies or practices of these websites. You should review those policies before providing any personal information. BUZZSKIN is not responsible for the content or practices of any linked websites, and we provide these links solely for the convenience and information of our visitors.
QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS POLICY
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656
Policy last updated: 2005